Three goals were identified for the annual Money Smart Week. The goals and outcomes are outlined below:
- Build student awareness of the importance of financial literacy in overall personal wellness and success.
- A post Money Smart Week survey indicates a 20% increase [from 80% to 100%] of students who now indicate that financial literacy is important in their overall personal wellness and success.
- Engage a diverse audience of students in financial literacy-related activities (workshops, presentations, games/competitions, etc.).
- Money Smart Week participants represented a diverse population of UMBC (including race, ethnicity, and gender)
- REX report data
Note about gender data collection – Gender data reflects data collected from Peoplesoft student information system
- Highlight and promote the additional financial literacy resources available to students (Financialsmarts.edu, CashCourse, MyBudgetCoachⓇ, CashClips, etc.).
- A post Money Smart Week survey indicates awareness of financial literacy resources increased by 36%.