The FAFSA is a free application for federal financial aid, which is made up of federal grants and loans.
UMBC’s priority deadline to apply for the FAFSA is February 14th, every year. Apply by Valentines Day to receive the maximum aid package possible! Students that apply later may still receive aid, but not as much as they need.
Students that apply after Valentines Day have deadlines that vary depending on their home state. To find out your deadline, click here.
Got more questions? Visit the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships website for more detailed information on the FAFSA, or check out these resources:
- FAFSA4caster – A free financial aid calculator to help you estimate the size of your aid package
- Federal Student Aid Website
- Federal Student Aid Twitter @FAFSA
- Federal Student Aid on Facebook
- Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships Twitter @UMBC_OFAS
- UMBC Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships on Facebook