UMBC VITA partners with 211 Maryland for appointment scheduling. Beginning February 1, please call them by dialing 211 or 410-234-8008 to make an appointment. You may visit their website at https://cashmd.org/baltimore-locations/. Once you click the link, simply scroll to the bottom of the page; you will then see schedule appointment here. If you request UMBC and there is availability, you’ll choose between an in-person appointment or a 100% virtual appointment. Those selecting in-person tax preparation are encouraged to be vaccinated. Those selecting virtual tax preparation must have an email address (separate email address for spouse, if applicable), a device capable of capturing a document image and uploading it, and video conferencing capability on a device.
You should collect the below items prior to your appointment:
- A social security card for EACH family member
- Every taxpayer must bring their picture ID
- W-2 forms for all jobs worked in 2022. UMBC VITA only prepares tax returns for tax year 2022.
- Bank routing and account number to direct deposit your refund. Voided checks work best. Refunds may be placed in more than one account
- Child care provider name, address, and tax ID number
- A copy of the last two years of tax returns
- Any document or information about money you have received from the IRS or Maryland
- All 1099 forms for other income, if any.
- Any other tax related documents you have received
- Expenses for a small business, if any.
- Form 1095-A if you received the Premium Tax Credit to help pay health insurance
We look forward to assisting you with your tax preparation needs!