UMBC VITA operates February through April only.
UMBC VITA partners with 211 Maryland for appointment scheduling. Beginning February 1, please call them by dialing 211 or 410-234-8008 to make an appointment. You may visit their website at https://cashmd.org/baltimore-locations/. Once you click the link, simply scroll to the bottom of the page; you will then see schedule appointment here. If you request UMBC and there is availability, you’ll be given an in-person appointment.
Before scheduling an appointment, please check to see if your tax return is in-scope for VITA:
You should collect the below items prior to your appointment:
- A social security card for EACH family member
- Every taxpayer must bring their picture ID
- W-2 forms for all jobs worked in the tax year. UMBC VITA only prepares tax returns for the current tax year.
- Bank routing and account number to direct deposit your refund. Voided checks work best. Refunds may be placed in more than one account
- Child care provider name, address, and tax ID number
- A copy of the last two years of tax returns
- Any document or information about money you have received from the IRS or Maryland
- All 1099 forms for other income, if any.
- Any other tax related documents you have received
- Expenses for a small business, if any.
- Form 1095-A if you received the Premium Tax Credit to help pay health insurance
Here is a simple guide to assist you with filing your taxes this year:
We look forward to assisting you with your tax preparation needs!